Saturday, February 12, 2011

LOVE: Cinnamon Pie Crust Cookies


Valentines Day is almost here, and so is spring in Salt Lake City.  Or at least I'm telling myself that.  When it's feeling warm enough to start thinking of sunbathing, I say spring. The night I made these quick and yummy little cookies was just the start of winter though, and our first snow storm of the winter.  I took a couple quick shots outside our house and loved the glitter of the snowflakes in my camera.  We brought these cookies over to Julia's house that night and when her 2 year old wanted another heart shaped cookie, she would ask for "love".  I REALLY loved that.  






These cookies are a lovely cross between cookie and cracker and are just barely, yet perfectly sweet.  They would also be great smeared with apple butter or drizzled with a little honey. You can find the recipe here at www.yumuniverse.com .  I made mine with spelt flour since I was on the nightshade free diet at the time, but the original recipe is both gluten and wheat-free.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that top photo! And these cookies were so good; I'm so glad you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look so fun! I just saw some pumpkin apple butter the other day..I bet that would make a good smear for the top of them also. Almost like a bite of pumpkin pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. I must make these asap. How fun would it be to have a toppings bar to go with them?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so yummy!! Love this season.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails